Journey guitar legend and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Neal Schon is celebrating his 67th birthday today. Along with his wife Michelle, a star-studded array of fellow music luminaries have wished him a Happy Birthday! Check out this video including Jonathan Cain, Brad Paisley, Randy Jackson, Narada Michael Walden, Sammy Hagar, Steve Lukather, Steve Vai, Arnel Pineda, Scott Hamilton, Zakk Wylde, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Derlatka, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, and Jack Blades! Neal was also was also selected to be featured on the February 2021 cover of the GUITAR CONNOISSEUR MAGAZINE, to support his recent solo album Universe.
In one of the great turns in recent rock history, 1970s rock masters Toto have covered Weezer’s ‘Hash Pipe’. This follows Weezer’s covers of Toto classics ‘Africa’ and ‘Rosanna’. You can stream and buy the track right now!Continue reading
The Adopt The Arts event at The Roxy in West Hollywood, CA on January 12th raised over $106,000 in one night and funds music programs in LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District) elementary schools. They brought together various music industry friends for an epic night of music and a live auction.
The event honored Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and Butch Trucks of Allman Brothers Band, and artists thrilled the crowd performing a rare set including hits from ZZ Top and the Allman Brothers. The sets included:
ZZ Top set:
1. “Beer Drinkers And Hell Raisers” (ZZ Top) (w/Billy Gibbons, Damon Fox, Billy Duffy)
2. “Tush” (ZZ Top) (w/ Billy Gibbons, Steve Lukather, Jimmy Vivino, Edgar Winter on organ)
3. “Cheap Sunglasses” (ZZ Top) (w/Billy Gibbons, Edgar Winter on sax/ lead vocals with Gibbons)
4. “Rough Boy” (ZZ Top) (w/Billy Gibbons, Richie Sambora, Orianthi, Matt Sorum)
5. “Waitin’ For The Bus” (ZZ Top) (w/Billy Gibbons, Matt Sorum, Duff McKagan)
5. “Jesus Just Left Chicago” (ZZ Top) (w/Matt Sorum, Slash, Duff McKagan, Billy Gibbons)
6. “La Grange” (ZZ Top) (w/Billy Gibbons, Matt Sorum, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steve Lukather, Richie Sambora, Edgar Winter on organ)
Allman Brothers Band set:
1. “Trouble No More” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Jimmy Vivino, Butch Trucks)
2. “Don’t Keep Me Wonderin’’ (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Franky Perez)
3. “Midnight Rider” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Richie Sambora, Orianthi)
4. “Stormy Monday” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Edgar Winter on vocals/sax, Jimmy Vivino, Slash)
5. “One Way Out” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Steve Lukather, Jimmy Vivino)
6. “Statesboro Blues” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Butch Trucks, Billy Gibbons, Richie Sambora, Matt Sorum)
7. “Whipping Post” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Butch Trucks, Matt Sorum, Slash, Richie Sambora and Billy Gibbons)
Adopt The Arts will launch a live benefit concert and event for the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) elementary schools on Monday, January 12, 2015 at The Roxy (9009 W. Sunset Blvd) in West Hollywood, CA (red carpet 6:00-7:00PM, show starts: 7:00PM). Music luminaries will gather to perform with and honor BILLY GIBBONS (ZZ Top) and BUTCH TRUCKS (Allman Brothers Band) for their contributions to American art and culture. Artists confirmed to perform so far include Billy Gibbons, Butch Trucks, Slash, Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver), Steve Lukather (Toto), Edgar Winter, Jimmy Vivino (Conan O’Brien) vocalist Franky Perez, ADOPT THE ARTS founder Matt Sorum (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver) and many more special guests to be announced soon. The Disreputable Few, a group of surprise killer musicians, will serve as the backing band for the night. The proceeds will go to the ADOPT THE ARTS music programs in LAUSD elementary schools (see VIP ticket/donation below). Tickets are on-sale now at http://adoptthearts.org.
ADOPT THE ARTS–a Los Angeles-based charity co-founded by musician Matt Sorum (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver) and activist Abby Berman–works to preserve arts programs in U.S. public schools. To raise awareness, ADOPT THE ARTS honors individuals who’ve had a long-lasting impact on music culture and who inspire young musicians to follow in their footsteps. Actress JANE LYNCH was the first celebrity to sign onto ADOPT THE ARTS and is on the Board of Directors; the advisory board also includes: SLASH, JOHN STAMOS, BILLY BOB THORTON, STEVE STEVENS, JULIETTE LEWIS, DANNY MASTERSON, SHEPARD FAIREY, ADRIAN YOUNG and GINA GERSHON.