Heart has shared another live performance clip from their upcoming live DVD/Blu-ray Live in Atlantic City. Joined by Jane’s Addiction/Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist Dave Navarro, watch a killer rendition of their classic hit ‘Bébé Le Strange’. Live in Atlantic City is out January 25 via earMUSIC. Pre-orders are live at the link below now. Continue reading
Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame inductees Heart, featuring sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson are finally releasing their excellent 2006 live special as an album/deluxe LP/CD/DVD/BluRay package as Live In Atlantic City. Originally aired as VH1 Decades Rock Live, the newly mixed and mastered special will be released on January 25 via earMUSIC. Watch a performance video of ‘Lost Angel’ right now! Continue reading
As the earth shook and the ground parted, so did the gates to another world open, spewing forth demons of the Blackest of the Black. Bands, fans, vendors and the occasional celebrity descended upon Oak Canyon Park—a quaint little camping spot nestled in the hills of Silverado, California—for the Blackest of the Black Festival. This gathering of the depraved and debauched was the brainchild of none other than Jersey native and trailblazer of horror punk and doom-goth-metal, Glenn Danzig. Opening day of the festival coincided with the release of Danzig’s new album, Black Laden Crown (Nuclear Blast Records), his follow-up to 2015’s Skeletons. Continue reading
AXS TV will be launching an all new original music series Breaking Band on Sunday, January 24, 2015 at 9:30 PM EST. The documentary style series is hosted by Donovan Leitch (of Royal Machines) and features six 30-minute episodes of the country’s most talented emerging acts to be mentored by Mark McGrath (Sugar Ray); chart-topping music artist Belinda Carlisle (The Go-Go’s); rock legend Robin Zander (Cheap Trick); award-winning producer and techno star Moby; master of metal Sebastian Bach (Skid Row); and beloved guitar guru Dave Navarro (Jane’s Addiction). Breaking Band was filmed at YouTube Space LA, and concert highlights are available on youtube.com/axstvconcerts.
The Complete Episode Schedule is as Follows (All Times Eastern):
• Dave Navarro mentors “Andie Case” (Seattle-based band) – Jan. 24 at 9:30 p.m.
An all star filled evening hit the El Rey Theater as musicians came together for a good cause to raise money for Rhonda’s Kiss, a charity to help those who need assistance battling cancer. Comedian Bill Burr opened up the evening with a brief set. A lineup featuring Dave Navarro (Jane’s Addiction), Josh Freese (The Vandals, etc), Duff McKagan (Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver, etc), and Dave Kushner (Velvet Revolver, etc) performed alongside a number of guest performers including Juliette Lewis, Mark McGrath (Sugar Ray), Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) and Billy Idol. The sets included the following:
“HELLO THERE” (Cheap Trick), Performed by: Donovan Leitch, Duff McKagan, Josh Freese, Dave Navarro and Dave Kushner.
• “SURRENDER” (Cheap Trick), Performed by: Donovan Leitch, Duff McKagan, Josh Freese, Dave Navarro and Dave Kushner.
• “ROCK N’ ROLL ALL NITE” (Kiss), Performed by: Mark McGrath, Dave Navarro and Dave Kushner, Josh Freese.
• “FLY” (Sugar Ray), Performed by: Mark McGrath, Dave Navarro, Dave Kushner).
• “DIRTY DEEDS” (AC/DC), Performed by: Juliette Lewis, Gilby Clarke and Dave Kushner.
• “PROUD MARY” (Creedence Clearwater Revival), Performed by: Juliette Lewis, Gilby Clarke and Dave Kushner.
• “WISH YOU WERE HERE” (Pink Floyd), Performed by: Jamie Commons, Gilby Clarke and Dave Kushner.
• “WHOLE LOTTA LOVE” (Led Zeppelin), Performed by: Kesha, Bill Burr, Gilby Clarke and Dave Kushner.
“LA GRANGE” (ZZ Top) Performed by: Billy Gibbons, Dave Navarro, Duff McKagan, Josh Freese.
• “WHITE WEDDING” (Billy Idol), Performed by: Billy Idol, Steve Stevens, Billy Morrison, Duff McKagan and Josh Freese.
• “L.A. WOMAN” (The Doors), Performed by: Performed by: Billy Idol, Steve Stevens, Billy Morrison, Duff McKagan and Josh Freese.
• “REBEL YELL” (Billy Idol), Performed by: Billy Idol, Steve Stevens, Billy Morrison, Duff McKagan and Josh Freese.
- “The Strap” – unique guitar strap design, combining the functionality of a guitar strap, BDSM restraints, a wearable belt, and locking collar.
“When The Stockroom first approached me to do a signature line, I was truly honored,” said Navarro in a press release. “I have been a customer and a fan of the company for years.
“Fetish lifestyle and fashion have inspired me since the early days of JANE’S ADDICTION and the community will forever have a special place in my life.
“I worked very closely with the team at The Stockroom and have come up with a few pieces that marry both aspects that are important to me, customer aesthetic and usability.”
The Strap is available for immediate sale and the first 500 straps will be signed by Dave. The remainder of the product line is set to officially debut in the New Year. Included in the line will be Dave Navarro’s infamous custom-made black latex performance pants, dubbed Dave Navarro’s Black Latex Jeans. Dave’s Jeans feature a 2″ lower waistline and more slim-fitted legs than other men’s pants from The Stockroom’s latex brand Syren Couture — a fit and silhouette that Dave has custom-ordered for years. Striking black latex Blazers will also be offered in three designs.
Additionally, the line will include Black Gloves with heavy steel zippers, and Latex Gauntlets. All five pieces in the collection are made by hand by the artisan staff at The Stockroom’s Los Angeles facility on West Sunset Blvd in Silverlake and were designed with Dave.
Dave wears all pieces of the line regularly, and with pride.
Dave will debut a very unique version of The Blazer on the finale of “Ink Master” on the Spike network Tuesday, December 16 at 10 p.m. EST.