As previously reported Eagle Rock Entertainment, in conjunction with Emmy Award-winning Banger Films (Rush, Iron Maiden documentaries, Hip-Hop Evolution on Netflix) will release the definitive story of ZZ Top this winter. ZZ Top: That Little Ol’ Band From Texas, which will be released via Eagle Rock Entertainment on DVD, Blu-ray and digitally on February 28, 2020. Celebrating 50 years as a band, this film will show the notorious band in a light never seen before. The release is available along with exclusive “That Little Ol’ Band” merchandise bundles from the link below. The trailer features the band themselves, but also testimonials from Josh Homme (Queens of The Stone Age) and actor/musician Billy Bob Thornton. Watch it now! Continue reading
After a gap of six years, legendary shock rocker Alice Cooper is back once again to give today’s youngsters a gentle, but purposeful reminder of how it’s done. At the age of 69, just a few months shy of joining the ranks of the septuagenarians, Alice is clearly in no mood to relax Continue reading
An all star filled evening hit the El Rey Theater as musicians came together for a good cause to raise money for Rhonda’s Kiss, a charity to help those who need assistance battling cancer. Comedian Bill Burr opened up the evening with a brief set. A lineup featuring Dave Navarro (Jane’s Addiction), Josh Freese (The Vandals, etc), Duff McKagan (Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver, etc), and Dave Kushner (Velvet Revolver, etc) performed alongside a number of guest performers including Juliette Lewis, Mark McGrath (Sugar Ray), Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) and Billy Idol. The sets included the following:
“HELLO THERE” (Cheap Trick), Performed by: Donovan Leitch, Duff McKagan, Josh Freese, Dave Navarro and Dave Kushner.
• “SURRENDER” (Cheap Trick), Performed by: Donovan Leitch, Duff McKagan, Josh Freese, Dave Navarro and Dave Kushner.
• “ROCK N’ ROLL ALL NITE” (Kiss), Performed by: Mark McGrath, Dave Navarro and Dave Kushner, Josh Freese.
• “FLY” (Sugar Ray), Performed by: Mark McGrath, Dave Navarro, Dave Kushner).
• “DIRTY DEEDS” (AC/DC), Performed by: Juliette Lewis, Gilby Clarke and Dave Kushner.
• “PROUD MARY” (Creedence Clearwater Revival), Performed by: Juliette Lewis, Gilby Clarke and Dave Kushner.
• “WISH YOU WERE HERE” (Pink Floyd), Performed by: Jamie Commons, Gilby Clarke and Dave Kushner.
• “WHOLE LOTTA LOVE” (Led Zeppelin), Performed by: Kesha, Bill Burr, Gilby Clarke and Dave Kushner.
“LA GRANGE” (ZZ Top) Performed by: Billy Gibbons, Dave Navarro, Duff McKagan, Josh Freese.
• “WHITE WEDDING” (Billy Idol), Performed by: Billy Idol, Steve Stevens, Billy Morrison, Duff McKagan and Josh Freese.
• “L.A. WOMAN” (The Doors), Performed by: Performed by: Billy Idol, Steve Stevens, Billy Morrison, Duff McKagan and Josh Freese.
• “REBEL YELL” (Billy Idol), Performed by: Billy Idol, Steve Stevens, Billy Morrison, Duff McKagan and Josh Freese.
After an astounding 46 years as one of America’s premier rock bands, ZZ Top are still able to draw big crowds and thrill with their no nonsense bluesy rock. It’s the simplicity of the concept that has maintained the bands’ lasting charm. As their motto goes: “Same three guys, same three chords.” And it still works after all these years. Out on the road continuing to play behind the Live At Montreux DVD (Eagle Rock Records), ZZ Top are kicking as much ass as they ever have. At a recent tour stop at Arizona’s Talking Stick Resort, and playing a set of greatest hits, deep cuts, and covers (Jimi Hendrix, Muddy Waters), the band was in top form. Thanks to Melina Dellamarggio of Melina D. Photography for sharing this photo set with Ghost Cult.
The Adopt The Arts event at The Roxy in West Hollywood, CA on January 12th raised over $106,000 in one night and funds music programs in LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District) elementary schools. They brought together various music industry friends for an epic night of music and a live auction.
The event honored Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and Butch Trucks of Allman Brothers Band, and artists thrilled the crowd performing a rare set including hits from ZZ Top and the Allman Brothers. The sets included:
ZZ Top set:
1. “Beer Drinkers And Hell Raisers” (ZZ Top) (w/Billy Gibbons, Damon Fox, Billy Duffy)
2. “Tush” (ZZ Top) (w/ Billy Gibbons, Steve Lukather, Jimmy Vivino, Edgar Winter on organ)
3. “Cheap Sunglasses” (ZZ Top) (w/Billy Gibbons, Edgar Winter on sax/ lead vocals with Gibbons)
4. “Rough Boy” (ZZ Top) (w/Billy Gibbons, Richie Sambora, Orianthi, Matt Sorum)
5. “Waitin’ For The Bus” (ZZ Top) (w/Billy Gibbons, Matt Sorum, Duff McKagan)
5. “Jesus Just Left Chicago” (ZZ Top) (w/Matt Sorum, Slash, Duff McKagan, Billy Gibbons)
6. “La Grange” (ZZ Top) (w/Billy Gibbons, Matt Sorum, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steve Lukather, Richie Sambora, Edgar Winter on organ)
Allman Brothers Band set:
1. “Trouble No More” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Jimmy Vivino, Butch Trucks)
2. “Don’t Keep Me Wonderin’’ (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Franky Perez)
3. “Midnight Rider” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Richie Sambora, Orianthi)
4. “Stormy Monday” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Edgar Winter on vocals/sax, Jimmy Vivino, Slash)
5. “One Way Out” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Steve Lukather, Jimmy Vivino)
6. “Statesboro Blues” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Butch Trucks, Billy Gibbons, Richie Sambora, Matt Sorum)
7. “Whipping Post” (Allman Brothers Band) (w/Butch Trucks, Matt Sorum, Slash, Richie Sambora and Billy Gibbons)
Adopt The Arts will launch a live benefit concert and event for the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) elementary schools on Monday, January 12, 2015 at The Roxy (9009 W. Sunset Blvd) in West Hollywood, CA (red carpet 6:00-7:00PM, show starts: 7:00PM). Music luminaries will gather to perform with and honor BILLY GIBBONS (ZZ Top) and BUTCH TRUCKS (Allman Brothers Band) for their contributions to American art and culture. Artists confirmed to perform so far include Billy Gibbons, Butch Trucks, Slash, Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver), Steve Lukather (Toto), Edgar Winter, Jimmy Vivino (Conan O’Brien) vocalist Franky Perez, ADOPT THE ARTS founder Matt Sorum (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver) and many more special guests to be announced soon. The Disreputable Few, a group of surprise killer musicians, will serve as the backing band for the night. The proceeds will go to the ADOPT THE ARTS music programs in LAUSD elementary schools (see VIP ticket/donation below). Tickets are on-sale now at http://adoptthearts.org.
ADOPT THE ARTS–a Los Angeles-based charity co-founded by musician Matt Sorum (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver) and activist Abby Berman–works to preserve arts programs in U.S. public schools. To raise awareness, ADOPT THE ARTS honors individuals who’ve had a long-lasting impact on music culture and who inspire young musicians to follow in their footsteps. Actress JANE LYNCH was the first celebrity to sign onto ADOPT THE ARTS and is on the Board of Directors; the advisory board also includes: SLASH, JOHN STAMOS, BILLY BOB THORTON, STEVE STEVENS, JULIETTE LEWIS, DANNY MASTERSON, SHEPARD FAIREY, ADRIAN YOUNG and GINA GERSHON.
The 10th Annual Classic Rock Awards is being held on November 4, 2014 at the Avalon in Hollywood, CA. Presented by Orange Amplification and hosted by Sammy Hagar, musicians reported to appear include Gregg Allman (this year’s Living Legend Award recipient), and The Doors guitarist Robby Krieger and drummer John Densmore (this year’s Inspiration Award recipient), and many others.
The part time, all star band Kings of Chaos will feature Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke (of Guns N Roses fame), and Nuno Bettencourt (Extreme), as well as appearances by Hagar, Glenn Hughes (California Breed, ex-Deep Purple), Joe Elliott and Phil Collen (Def Leppard), and Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)
Other live performances for the event include Hughes’ California Breed, Rival Suns, and Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts.
The Classic Rock Of Honour awards will be airing on AXS TV in December 2014, with exact date and time TBA.