Iced Earth leader Jon Schaffer, who has been on The FBI’s 10 Most Wanted list, has been arrested for his role in the riot and insurrection at The US Capitol, on January 6th, 2021. According to a report by Metal Sucks, Schaffer turned himself into authorities around 3 p.m. Sunday (January 17), Chris Bavender, public affairs specialist for the FBI Indianapolis Field Office, said. He resides in Columbus, Indiana. The FBI Indianapolis Field Office released the following statement regarding Schaffer’s arrest:
“Jon Schaffer, Columbus, IN, has been arrested in connection to Jan 6 incident at the U.S. Capitol. Schaffer faces 6 charges including engaging in an act of physical violence in a Capitol building. Schaffer was allegedly among rioters who sprayed Capitol police with ‘bear spray.'”
These are the six charges Schaffer is facing, according to the FBI Indianapolis Field Office:
1) Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
2) Disrupting the Orderly Conduct of Government Business
3) Knowingly Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence Against any Person or Property in any Restricted Building or Grounds
4) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
5) Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence in a Capitol Building
6) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Washington, D.C., police officer Christina Laury said cops were being sprayed with bear mace — a significantly stronger version of pepper spray — as they held the line outside.
Other members of Iced Earth have commented on Schaffer’s involvement.