Ghost Cult once again brings you “End Of Year” lists, memories, and other shenanigans from our favorite bands, partners, music industry peers, and other folks we respect across the world. Martin Wegeland of Domkraft shares his list of 10 Heavy Hitters for a Heavy Year.
“Somehow, a high amount of the entries on this top ten are pretty gloomy and dark. Maybe not that strange, considering what a year it has been.
1. Swans – The Glowing Man
– A hefty masterpiece – the third in a row – from the undisputed masters of making heavy music without taking any shortcuts. An almost spiritual mind-altering tsunami of notes and emotions.
2. Suma – The Order Of Things
– No other band sounds quite like Suma. Because no other band can sound quite like Sumac. Insanely precise and driving rhythms, ever-present white noise and sparse riffing. Crushing in every aspect.
3. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Skeleton Tree
4. Oranssi Pazuzu – Värähtelijä
5. Neurosis – Fires Within Fires
6. The Cosmic Dead – Rainbowhead
7. Slomatics – Future Echo Returns
8. Kungens Män – Stockholm Marathon
9. All Them Witches – Lightning At The Door
10. Terra Tenebrosa – The Reverses