All Four Members Of Decapitated Released From Jail

According to The Spokesman-Review, all four members of Decapitated have been released from jail as they await trial for kidnapping and rape charges. The band were granted release on their own recognizance this week without having post the $100,000 bond that was previously set. As part of their release, they were ordered by Judge Julie McKay to remain in the state of Washington and ordered to turn in their passports. Additionally, the band were ordered to sign waivers of extradition that would allow them to be sent back to Spokane, WA should they attempt to flee home to their native Poland.

Each member of the group face charges of varying degrees for an incident alleged to have occurred on their tour bus back on August 31st in Spokane, WA. Vocalist Rafal Piotrowski was charged with first-degree kidnapping and second-degree rape, bassist Hubert Wiecek was charged with first-degree kidnapping and third-degree rape, guitarist Waclaw Kieltyka was charged with first-degree kidnapping and second-degree rape and drummer Michal Lysejko was charged with first-degree kidnapping and third-degree rape.

Since their arrest, the band released this statement, “Following extradition from California to Washington, the band has now been charged. We’d like to emphasise; the Spokane Police Department has pressed charges as procedural formality, without doing so, they would be forced to release band – this is not a conviction or any indication of guilt or innocence. Once again, we ask that everyone wait for each party’s case to be presented and await the court’s decision. With that said, whilst cases are being prepared on both sides, some facts are indisputable at this point – that the original officer who took the complaint from the accuser stated, “I do not have probable cause that a rape occurred”, and it’s taken a full 30 days to file charges, which is right up against the point at which the defendants would legally have had to be released. The band firmly refutes the allegations and are confident that once the facts and evidence have been seen and heard, they will be released and able to return home. Individuals who were present on the night in question with information about the case are asked to reach out to the defense lawyer, Steve Graham of Spokane, Washington.

The band’s trial is now set to commence on January 16th. For more information, head to The Spokesman-Review.